School Board incumbent Glen Alsworth Jr. stresses teamwork to address new challenges in Lake and Pen
Alsworth has served on the school board for three years. He said during that time, the school district has undergone quite a few changes. Ballots for the Lake and Pen elections must be postmarked by October 6. No late ballots will be accepted, so the sooner voters send them out, the better.
Evelynn Trefon of Newhalen is challenging incumbent Randolph Alvarez of Igiugig for seat A on the borough's assembly. Ballots must be postmarked by October 6, and no late ballots will be accepted.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
- Indictment: Drug conspiracy that sent kilos of heroin, meth to Alaska led to Anchorage man’s murder
- PHOTOS: As termination dust arrives, a look back at September in Southcentral Alaska
- Bear in Denali National Park euthanized over safety concerns
- An initiative proposes to overhaul Alaska’s elections. But not everyone thinks they’re broken.
- School Board incumbent Glen Alsworth Jr. stresses teamwork to address new challenges in Lake and Pen
- Lake and Pen School Board candidate Beth Hill wants to integrate culture into curriculum
- Igiugig incumbent and Newhalen challenger running for a seat on the Lake and Pen Borough Assembly
- Bristol Bay Borough candidates pitch experience and new perspective in runs for mayor and assembly
- Lake and Peninsula's Ty Mase is Alaska Superintendent of the Year
- Updates on back-to-school safety in Dillingham and the Bristol Bay Borough
- Here's how Bristol Bay school districts are planning to start the year safely
- Distance culture camp creates new opportunities for Bristol Bay kids to learn hands-on
- Fishermen can now apply for new USDA financial aid program
- Northline Seafoods barge beached near Ekuk after Sunday's storm
- Third year of abysmal salmon runs leaves Chignik community looking for answers
- Pandemic pushes fishing activists to call for more government support, dredging up deep-rooted issue