Dillingham city officials say the unnamed person in their 80s died of complications from the virus at home on Saturday. This is the first known COVID-related death in the community.
BBAHC is limiting some medical services, such as regularly scheduled appointments, citing the steep rise of COVID-19 cases regionally and around the state.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
- This Anchorage ER nurse is among the growing number of health care workers out sick with COVID-19
- Anchorage students to continue online learning through end of quarter
- Anchorage will enter ‘modified hunker down’ for December
- Juneau woman among thousands of Americans taking part in COVID-19 vaccine trials
- Misdemeanor jury trials to resume Nov. 2, felony trials will not begin until 2021
- It's official: Dillingham announces winners of the 2020 municipal election
- Municipal elections are October 6: here's where and how to vote in Bristol Bay
- School Board incumbent Glen Alsworth Jr. stresses teamwork to address new challenges in Lake and Pen