Ash emissions and lava spray and flow are typical for Veniaminof. Ash usually stays contained in the summit crater but can occasionally fall in nearby areas. The Alaska Volcano Observatory raised the aviation color code to orange to warn pilots in the area of possible ash emissions.
Dillingham Police Department Chief Dan Pasquirello provided an update at Thursday’s city council meeting on the February shooting incident.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
- Misdemeanor jury trials to resume Nov. 2, felony trials will not begin until 2021
- It's official: Dillingham announces winners of the 2020 municipal election
- Municipal elections are October 6: here's where and how to vote in Bristol Bay
- School Board incumbent Glen Alsworth Jr. stresses teamwork to address new challenges in Lake and Pen
- Dillingham Middle-High School's Theresa Laville selected as school's next principal
- Facing construction delays and COVID-19, Bristol Bay Borough holds class in fish plants and chapels
- Dillingham students head back to school after COVID-19 shuttered classrooms for two weeks
- For two and a half weeks, Dillingham kindergartners got to learn and play together in school